frequently asked questions
How do I finalize my booking?
• After submitting your reservation request, we will contact you by email within 48 hours to confirm availability for your requested dates and room type.
• To secure your booking we need a credit card number (Visa, Mastercard or Amex). All guests must be at least 18 years old, and have a foreign passport to stay with us.
• Due to San Francisco city regulations, all stays must be 32 days or longer. If you are looking for a short term option, or are an American, please try our sister hostel www.usahostels.com for availability.
• Please note the hostel has a maximum stay of 14 days.
How do I pay my rent each month?
Rent is due on the first of each month. You can pay in the Student Residence office Monday- Friday between 9 am and 5:30 pm. We accept Visa, Mastercard, Amex, traveler’s checks and cash. Partial months are pro-rated (we use a daily price based on your monthly rate), provided the total stay is over 32 days. Local City and Hotel taxes of 16.25% are included in your monthly rate.
What is your cancellation policy?
We have a 14 day cancellation policy. This means reservations can be cancelled at any time up to 14 days before the start of your reservation. Within 14 days, you will be charged $100 for a late cancellation. If you do not show up or cancel before the check-in date, you will be charged one month of rent using the credit card details that were used to secure the booking.
What community events can I participate in?
All of them! We have daily events and activities. All of our hostel guests and student residents are encouraged to participate in all of our event programming.
If I have a shared bathroom, how many other people do I share with?
While all room types have a sink and vanity in the room, guests who choose our shared bathroom options will typically share a bathroom with 3-4 other students. There are multiple shared bathrooms on each floor, so there is rarely a wait. Shared hallway bathrooms are cleaned twice a day.
Are meals included?
A daily breakfast is provided. We have fruit, oatmeal and an assortment of breads with butter, jam, cream cheese and peanut butter. We also provide pancake mix for you. Coffee, tea and filtered water are available 24 hours a day.
Is housekeeping included?
Yes! Weekly housekeeping is included in your monthly rate. We provide all linens and bath towels for you, as well as toilet paper and hand soap.
Who will my roommate be?
Your roommate will be a foreign student or intern of the same gender. Shared rooms are for two people only.
Can you tell me more about the kitchen/laundry/building amenities?
• Kitchen: We have a large, communal kitchen with everything you need to cook your meals- even spices. Our kitchen is open from 6:30 am to 11 pm. Each student room has a refrigerator and microwave, so you will always be able to get what you need outside of these hours. We also have vending machines with cold drinks and snacks.
• Laundry: We have several laundry machines that are coin operated, and available for use 24 hours a day. We even provide detergent for you!
• Building: We have a secure entry and front desk staff working 24 hours a day to assist you.
• Common spaces- lounge, dining room, laundry room, library, gym and chill out areas- are available for you to use at any time.